Sunday, March 13, 2011

Nothing

During the afternoon on Saturday, I went to the mall and did the "Nothing" activity that Sal had assigned us the week before. The assignment was to stand in place for 10 minutes, and do absolutly nothing. It was very awkward. You could see that people were staring at you but you could move or say anything to them. There was one particular couple who had a young daughter, probably five or six, and she kept asking her mom and dad why I was just standing there and not moving and the parents kept on walking. I was findingnit very hard to do nothing for ten minutes because it's not something that you do everyday so it's out of the norm. After I had finished the ten minutes I left right away because I felt so awkward and felt like I was being judged. I thought it was a very cool assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment