Sunday, March 20, 2011

Neglect

In class on Friday we talked about the story about Jennie, the girl who was strapped to a potty chair and locked in a room for 13 years. I was in Psychology first semester and we watched a movie about her story and I couldn't believe my eyes. A child who was forgotten about, abused, never learned how to walk, or even speak was never payed attention too. I couldn't even imagine that happening to someone. Scientists and doctors were fascinated about her story and how she behaved around males and females. Most of the doctors and scientists also became very attached to her and the progress that she was making. It's so awesome to see that people are open to adopting her to make her life better.

1 comment:

  1. I agree when I saw that video i was shocked to see anyone abused like that. It was unbelievable that her parents did that to her.

    ReplyDelete