Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Needs vs. Wants

Being raised in an environment that always is wanting the next best thing, can get competitive.  Growing up my parents weren't the type of people who always needed their children to have the best toys or the best looking clothes; they wanted to teach my sister and I that material things are always going to be there.  Once I got into middle school, I realized that everyone wants the next best thing, like Uggs or Northface jackets.  Going to a high school where everywhere you look there is a new brand name, is hard for me because I was never raised on buying something new, I was raised on appreciating what I have.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Since I'm an only child, my parents tried spoiling me growing up. There were a lot of things I wanted but couldn't have. And being the spoiled little girl I was,I would always whine. Now that I'm more grown up, I've learned to appreciate the things I have.

    ReplyDelete