Sunday, March 13, 2011

Death in American Society

Americans view death as a bad thing. No one ever wants to lose the one's that they love; but in reality, it's the circle of life. In my life, death is a scary thing because I am very close with my immidiate family and my distant family. Seeing someone who is so tired and weak but still striving and living out each day as if it were their last. I love spending time with my grandma, I feel so lucky. She always gives me advise and I always ask her what she would have done. I asked her one time three or four years ago if she was afraid to die; and she said, "No. Because I had a good run. I have a wonderful family and it I'm so happy to have been around this long! I mean come on!? What 93 year old grandma do you know who can still walk and has all of her marble's"? Watching the movie during class made me realize that when older individuals are sick, dying, or elder; the people that they want to see the most is the family and friends that love them.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that we view death as a bad and scary thing. I think death is scarier to people staying alive because of the thought of losing their loved ones.

    ReplyDelete