Thursday, March 24, 2011

Child Play

This week in class Sal brought up how different baby boys and baby girls are different from each other. When a baby girl is to cry, the parents normally say, "Oh honey don't cry. It's play sweety.". But if a baby boy was to cry the parents would normally say, "Come on tough guy, don't cry.". In my life I have always been surrounded by little kids my whole life and I have all little cousins who are girls. They are all sassy and cry over things that aren't a big deal but to them it's like the end of the world. My best feiend's nieces and nephew all young and always cry and throw fits. My friend's sister, their mom, treats them all the same when they are crying which is completely different then what Sal said in class this weekend. I love kids and treat boys and girls all the same!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I really enjoyed reading your post. It is so interesting how our society treats genders differently, even when we are babies. Great job. Thank you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete