Saturday, May 14, 2011

Guess My Race

In class this week we talked about race. Sal went on this website and the class tried to guess everyone's race. It varied from white to black; to Asian to African American. I realized that everyone actually tries to guess what everyone is. Whether it's about religion or race, people as a society judge people based on the color of their skin. Everyone is the same. We all want to have a good life and be successful but race sometimes can get in the way. I remember watching an episode of "That's So Raven" and the Raven was applying for a job and the lady who was hiring her, ripped up her application because she was black. This is completely shocking to me because to think that this actually happens in the real world is pathetic. Who cares what color your skin is. Everyone is their own individual and we need to stop classifying people based in the color of thie skin.

3 comments:

  1. I loved how you used the That's So Raven example, I remember seeing that episode. And your right, it does absolutly happen in real life. But the fact that you are aware of that gives you so much of an advantage to try to change racist perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I even loved that show... but way you explained that is right... race is depends on culture and religion but people make wrong decision about race by looking their face and color...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's an educational but fun app you would love - called Guess My Race. Check it out on iPhone or iPad.

    ReplyDelete